In case you stay in Jena for more than three months, you need to register with the Registration Office within 14 days after your arrival. Please follow the steps below:
- Make an appointment online. Click on button “Weiter” in order to see the next possibilities.
- Documents you need to bring with
- landlord’s confirmation ("Wohnungsgeberbestätigung" - will be provided by the landlord directly)
- Marriage certificate (incl. certified German translation)
- Children’s birth certificates (incl. certified German translation)
After registration, the income tax number will be issued and send to your address. This number is essential for our Department of Human Resources. Please hand it over upon receipt.
You also need to inform the Registration Office when moving within Jena or Germany.