Admission as Doctoral Researcher
To obtain a PhD degree you need to seek admission as a PhD student to Friedrich-Schiller University (FSU) Jena.
- While still in your home country, you can already register at doc-in, the FSU adminstration portal for PhD students, and fill in the application form.
- Once in Jena, you will submit this form along with certified copies of your transcripts and degrees (in German or English!), your CV, a copy of your passport and a supervision agreement to the dean's offices of either the Biological-Pharmaceutical Faculty (BPF), the Faculty of Chemistry and Earth Sciences (FCES) or the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (FMCS), depending on your subject. The form for the supervision agreement can be downloaded from the web pages of the respective faculties (BPF, FCES).
- Please be prepared to complete the admission process within the first two months of starting your PhD.
- In preparation for you stay, please browse through the PhD-relevant pages of the Jena Graduate Academy (JGA) which is FSU's central institution for providing support to doctoral students and PostDocs.
- If you obtained an IMPRS fellowship or want to join the IMPRS as an associate member, please familiarize yourself with our graduate school. This is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology and the FSU.