Please find a list of required documents below. All documents sent to our office must be in English or German. Certified copies of documents are not required at the time of submission. All applicants who have qualified for the group recruitment may be asked for certification of relevant documents before admission to the program is granted
The following documents are required for the application:
- Complete and validated online application data - Please fill in forms 1-4 carefully and pay particular attention to the motivation statements and questions about your areas of interest for doctoral research.
- Contact details of two referees - Please identify two academic or professional supervisors who are able to evaluate your personality, academic experience and intellectual merit. Upon successful pre-selection, your referees will be contacted for a reference.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Last relevant academic certificate (usually M.Sc.) and transcript of study (study record).
- Proof of proficiency in English for non-native speakers - TOEFL or equivalent scores; a signed letter from your university or one of your academic teachers stating that English was the medium of instruction and your English proficiency is excellent. Click here for frequently asked questions on this topic.
- Registration Number - You will receive a registration number by e-mail, if you have successfully submitted your application data on our website.