Current Application Call
The 2023 call for applications of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) "Chemical Communication in Ecological Systems" in Jena, Germany, is now closed. A new call will go online in early March, 2024.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for internationally trained, enthusiastic applicants with a strong motivation to pursue a PhD, adequate competence in the English language and an excellent academic performance and MSc degree (including MSc thesis) in one of the following fields: bioinformatics, analytical chemistry, entomology, neurobiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, plant physiology, genetics, ecology or evolution.
What do we offer?
- highly integrative projects which require willingness to embrace multiple disciplines and close collaborations with other researchers with different backgrounds
- State-of-the-art equipment
- An excellent research environment
- A structured training program
- Successful candidates will obtain a 3-year PhD position corresponding to TVöD (Collective Wage Agreement for the Civil Service). There are no tuition fees; consumables and equipment required for the project will be covered by the hosting lab.
- The working language is English